Our website uses  cookies for statistical purposes.

  • Level 8 Cambridge House, No. 979 King's Road, Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
  • clients(at)opencompanyhongkong.com
  • (+44) 203-287 0408
Our Articles

Relocation Regulations in Hong Kong

Relocation Regulations in Hong Kong

Your business and home moved to Hong Kong

Hong Kong is a great location for business in Asia but also a city that offers great opportunities for employment. These features make it a top choice for individuals who want to relocate. Our experts are able to provide you with essential information about the relocation regulations in Hong Kong so that you can make your transition as easy as possible.

There are several legal aspects to consider when deciding to move to Hong Kong. They include both issues regarding the registration of the company and issues referring to the legal status of the individual employed and living in Hong Kong.

The specialists at our law firm in Hong Kong can help you with information about the steps you need to follow before coming to Hong Kong and what you need to do after your arrival here.

Our lawyers invite you to watch a short video about relocation options in Hong Kong

Business address and registration in Hong Kong

business can be relocated to Hong Kong if incorporated here or by using a virtual office. The latter is an easier and much faster way of setting up your business and the experts at our Hong Kong law firm can offer you complete virtual office services of this is your preferred way of starting up in Hong Kong. 

company in Hong Kong will need to have a registered address in the city and also be registered with the Companies Registry. A bank account in Hong Kong will also be necessary: for personal and business purposes. 

Visa and identity card requirements for individuals in Hong Kong

Individuals who come to Hong Kong with their families or on their own for various employment opportunities will need to have their visas and residence permits in order. The city has several visa schemes and most individuals are able to come to the city on the basis of an employment contract concluded with a Hong Kong company. The visa or entry permit needs to be obtained before arriving to Hong Kong.

After arrival the individual needs to obtain an Identity Card and solve other aspects for living in the city, like opening bank accounts, choosing an internet and mobile services provider and others. If you need help choosing the right place to live in the city or a suitable office space, our law firm in Hong Kong offers specialized services for property purchase.

Residency in Hong Kong, or right of abode, is acquired if the applicant meets all of the eligibility requirements, as stipulated in the relevant law, the Immigration Ordinance. If you are planning on relocating to the HKSAR, our team can give you complete information on the categories of eligibility, depending on your nationality (Chinese citizens, or other foreign nationals).

Contact our Hong Kong law firm for detailed information regarding various other aspect like tax compliance or marriage registration.